Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Keeping life in perspective....

I got this emailed to me from a friend of mine.  I LOVE it!!!

"Gratitude...
is meeting a mountain of dishes with a silent prayer of thanksgiving for the abundance of food on our table...


it's replacing the urge to be exasperated over the smeared windows (again) with a reminder that those little hand prints are growing quickly...


it's picking up my husband's dirty socks (he knows where they go) and remembering my friend who just lost her husband and would give anything to pick up his dirty socks again...


it's training my ear to hear the melody of "Mama" repeated over and over in a day--how sweet the sound if only I'll listen...


it's praising God for rain because blankets and books and snuggles are life-giving moments....


it's choosing to focus on the sweet breath of my baby in the night, and not on how little sleep I've gotten lately....

it's a reflection on the privilege of taking care of the people around me-"when you do it unto the least of these, you've done it unto Me"...


it's bringing into remembrance, each day, the grace that has been poured out on my life, and the Giver that gave all...


Gratitude is seeing what is in light of what could be and living thankfully on purpose."
 
~Riki

No comments:

Post a Comment