Friday, July 6, 2012

A Sprinkle of Organization

I have discovered the wonderful world of scrapbook paper, picture frames, and wet erase markers to make lists on!  I am like a kid in a candy shop!  Creating functional and beautiful projects fills me with joy!  No more lost scraps of paper!  Score!  Plus, they are very simple to make and take very little time!  The possibilities for them are endless...I use them for my menu, homeschool lesson plans, and weekly schedule but you could use them for chores, lists, medicine schedules, sports games and practices, etc... 

Find a frame that you like (or you can buy a cheap one and paint it).  For my weekly schedule, I have a frame that is six frames in one collage type frame. 

Go to the craft store and pick out some scrapbook paper (and try not to spend oodles of money on the beautiful paper!--that's what I did!) that fits your decor and style.  There are so many to choose from that you WILL find what you like!  If you want to do sticker letters then I recommend getting them there too!  They aren't necessary unless it is your preference.

Finally, if you don't already have some, buy the WET erase markers.  Dry erase ones don't work well on the glass.

Here are the steps... 1.Cut the paper to the size of the glass in the frame.
2. Decorate the paper however you would like.  I will warn you however that crazy prints make better borders.  It is hard to see the words that you write unless it is a semi-solid background.
3. Finally, put the frame back together.  Hang and enjoy!

Here are the finished projects...

These are reusable "boards" to make my lesson plans for the kids on.
Weekly schedule


Menu for our dinners







No comments:

Post a Comment